Netinstall fails to detect SATA disk.

Hi,

My Shuttle SN95G5 is equipped with integrated SATA controllers,
(nvidia), and I have my HD attached to the primary one of these.
During installation from

   ftp://ftp.caliu.info/pub/distribucions/debian-amd64/install-images/ \
   sarge-amd64-netinst.iso

   (image is dated Jan. 16 2005)

I get to the point where I am asked to partition my disk and I would
gladly do so, but the installer reports that it could not find a disk,
so goodbye to me then.

I have googled around to see if I could find anything about it and I
got a sinking feeling that perhaps SATA support was not really
working in Linux, because there were many reports about the same but
no apparent answer. Then I fetched the Ubuntu installation CD and in
10 minutes without a single error I had a full Ubuntu installation on
my HD, very impressive.

I don't know why it is not working with this debian-installer. It seems
to me that the modules sata_nv and libata are loaded, but maybe I need
others?

Thanks,

Morten