Re: debootstrap failure for "gcc-3.4"

On 05-Jan-30 11:35, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> If I try to run debootstrap on amd64(gcc-3.4), then it stumbles
> over the gcc4 libraries (see below).
>
> Any way to get around this?

I made a mistake and built the latest gcc-3.4 source package so that
the libgcc1 and libstdc++6 binary packages were created. This is wrong
because these binary pacakges are also create by the gcc-4.0 source
package.

I will fix this by uploading new versions of the gcc-3.4 and gcc-4.0
packages soon.

I cannot correct this just now because alioth is down at the moment.

> (BTW, using pure64 for debootstrap did not work either:

The debootstrap from pure64 will not work at all for the gcc-3.4 archive
because it installs the gcc-3.3 versions of the gcc related binary
packages (e.g. libstdc++5-3.3) while the gcc-3.4 archive needs the
respective versions from gcc-3.4 or gcc-4.0 (e.g. libstdc++6).

BTW: Does the mozilla-thunderbird 1.03/mozilla-thunderbird-enigmail
problem you reported some days ago still exist or has that been fixed
by the latest uploads?

Regards
Andreas Jochens