KDE Themes Missing?

So my debian system is awesome. I'm using KDE and I love the new KDE 3.3 setup. However, I can't seem to be able to change the graphical login when the computer starts up. It's this plain drab Debian logo and two boxes. I tried changing the login using the control panel but that didn't work. I noticed I didn't have any themes installed when I go to the themes section so I thought maybe I could download some. I got two off of the alioth server (.deb) but they still don't show up in the list. Are themes installed in another directory that I'm not aware of? Thank you!