Re: New ATI fglrx drivers work with AMD64

Hi
here is a qucik description how i got the new fglrx working in 64-bit
and 32-bit chroot:

1)Installed a chroot as stated in
https://alioth.debian.org/docman/vi...o.html#id274243
 2) used alien to convert the driver to a tgz and upacked them to a temp
directory
 3) copied the contents of (driverdir)/usr/X11R6/lib64
to /usr/X11R6/lib64
 4) copied the contents of (driverdir)/usr/X11R6/lib into my chroot
(/var/chroot/sid-ia32/usr/X11R6)
 5) build the kernel module
 6) did a mount -o bind /dev /var/chroot/sid-ia32/dev and a
	mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /var/chroot/sid-ia32/dev/shm
    to make the 32-bit component of the driver happy
 7) fired up X, tested glxinfo = ok, tested glxinfo32 (fromchroot) = ok
 8) fired up nwn = ok
 9) fired up doom3 = crash :(

Maybe this helps

P.S.: Please CC me, as i am not on the list (only reading through
archives)

Cheers Jan