Re: /usr/X11R6/lib64 link missing?

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 15:22, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> Do you need that symlink for anything?  Afaik, nothing in Debian
> needs that symlink and if it does it means it needs to be fixed.

As Rafael just noted, the default Makefile in the synaptics source
uses /usr/X11R6/lib64 when /bin/arch returns x86_64.

This is actually exactly what I was doing (compiling synaptics from source)
when I noticed the missing link...

I'm not sure, but I believe the nvidia installer from nvidia.com also
uses /usr/X11R6/lib64.  Of course, neither of these examples pertain to
debianized source trees, so I guess the responsibility for creating the link
rests with the user....

-Ted