Re: New ATI fglrx drivers work with AMD64

* Manuel Capinha (mcapinha@gmail.com) ha scritto:
> I got it to install and I can now boot X using ATI's proprietary
> drivers, but I got no OpenGL support. Running glxgears gives me around
> 60 fps, so I know that's being done in software!
>
> (EE) fglrx(0): [agp] unable to acquire AGP, error "xf86_EINVAL"

 is the agp correctly probed? For example I get:
$ dmesg | grep agp
agpgart: Detected AGP bridge 0
agpgart: Setting up Nforce3 AGP.
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 439M
agpgart: AGP aperture is 128M @ 0xe0000000
Linux agpgart interface v0.100 (c) Dave Jones
agpgart: Found an AGP 3.0 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.

 and you should have:

$ ls -l /dev/agpgart
crw-rw----  1 root video 10, 175 Jan 18 08:50 /dev/agpgart

> Is anyone else seeing this or does everyone else but my have OpenGL by
> hardware ?

 I have a radeon9200 and I used to have the proprietary driver on my
previous i386 architecture. On AMD64 I'm using the opensource drivers
getting ~2000fps with windowed glxgears (~130 fullscreen), so fully
accelerated.

 cheers,
 fc