Amd64, Xinerama and Kde

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a solution
to the problem I have.

I'm running Debian amd64 pure64, with a Radeon 9800 Pro, two heads: one crt,
one lcd.  Xinerama appears to be set up correctly as my screensaver currently
works across both monitors together (pyro in xscreensaver).  I'm using the
XFree radeon driver.

When kdm starts, after showing the login dialog and the standard X background,
there seems to be a redrawing problem when the configured kde background is
loaded.

Once KDE is loaded, issues around redrawing continue, and the image on the
second monitor is almost completely corrupted.  When a window is moved onto
the second monitor, the window decorations and images a drawn on the first
monitor (the text sometimes appears on the second monitor, but not always.)

Has anyone else had this problem?
Any ideas on a solution?

XF86Config-4 at http://llnz.dyndns.org/XF86Config-4

Regards