Re: Problem with /lib64 in libc6 2.3.2.ds1-20.0.0.1.gcc4

On 05-Jan-12 15:26, Per Bojsen wrote:
> Is /lib64 supposed to be in the libc6 or base-files package?

It was located in base-files for a long time, but this has been
changed lately to libc6. A patched version of base-files with /lib64
had been used, but since version 2.3.2.ds1-20 of the glibc package
it finally has been moved to libc6, where it really should be.

> Has anyone else seen this?

> I worked around it by manually installing the libc6 package with dpkg
> and using the --force-overwrite option and then continuing with
> `apt-get dist-upgrade'.

Depending on the order in which the packages are upgraded, some problems
like this one may occur. Unfortunately I do not know a perfect way to
avoid this.

Regards
Andreas Jochens