Re: recompiling for amd64?

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 06:00 +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 02:41:52PM +0200, Sebastian Steinlechner wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 14:18, Sythos wrote:
>
> >> I've searched on debian site with no usefull link nor info...
>
> >> There is somewhere an howto to port debian packages from i386 to amd64?
>
> >> A simple "apt-get source -b namepackage" (launched on installed
> >> amd64) is sufficient?
>
> > Unfortunately, there are some packages that won't compile without
> > source code modifications (like when the author used an int to store
> > a pointer instead of a long).
>
> Err... You mean "instead of a pointer type", right?

Unless he's the cause of some of those bugs... ;)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

In 1929, when the Great Depresion hit, while all the other
tabulating companies retrenched, Thomas Watson Sr. insisted that
IBM's factories stay open and R&D spending increase. Thus, in
1935 when FDR signed the Social Security Act, and businesses and
gov't had a huge need for tabulating/sorting machines, IBM was in
position to dominate the industry, and did so for the next 45
years.