Re: cfs and NFS export do not work in pure64. RPC problems?

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 12:23:17PM +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> No, there are no nfsd processes.  In the log, on startup, I get:
>
>   nfsd: nfssvc: Function not implemented
>
> In the kernel config, under Network File Systems, I have:
>
>   CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
>   CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
>   CONFIG_LOCKD=y
>   CONFIG_LOCKD_V4=y
>   CONFIG_SUNRPC=y

Then, there you go.  NFS _client_ support, but no server.  You should
have CONFIG_NFSD=y too.  (I _think_ NFS daemon is enabled on stock
Debian kernels.)  And you probably want CONFIG_NFSD_TCP=y as well for a
smooth run on 2.6.8.  (NFS over TCP is considered much less errorprone
by many on the linux-nfs list.)  And please use NFSv3 - NFSv2 is more or
less deprecated and NFSv4 is still in its infancy.

Cheers,
--
Kåre Hviid                   ukh@id.cbs.dk                 +45 3815 3075
Sys Admin      Institut for Datalingvistik, Handelshøjskolen i København