Re: Why do I need an AMD64?

> > Le ven 01/10/2004 à 17:00, Jérôme Marant a écrit :
> > > I'm pondering buying an Athlon64 machine. However, I wonder why
> > > I would need a 64 bits machine.
> >
> > > Are there any reasons not to stick to 32 bits currently?
> > I don't know.
> >
> > I've just bought one today. Why ? I wanted a mini-PC. I've choose the
> > Shuttle SN85G4, for athlon64 socket 754. I liked the box. There was an
> > equivalent for P4.
>
> Great! I'm looking forward to buy a mini-PC too :-) I'm going to
> have a closer look to that Shuttle.

You should!! I've  had one for 5-6 months. With cpu frequency control,
and the temperature controlled smart fan, it's almost noiseless. But
remember yo buy a quite big Harddisk, there's no space for another one
inside.

Ah! and don't worry anymore for having to compile anything (x.org,
kde, gnome, anything you want), it will take nothing but a few
minutes, and you will still be able to work as if nothing where
happening.

--
Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei]
[ WWW ]  http://evangelion.homelinux.net