Re: [debian-amd64] building a dual Opteron Server

mike wrote:

first off, debian-amd64 screams on it. it loves it.

Great :)

Is debain-amd64 a seperate distribution? I´ve got a set of rather old Woody CDs here, so I´ll either look out for a set with a recent distribution or install by downloading from internet. But it seems I cannot find some documentation or such to get headed into the right direction.

all i can say is the hardware works great together.

THX, that´s definitely a statement I like to hear :) I´m very concerned about the compatibility issues, and you won´t find a vendor/supplier who can tell if things will work with the setup in question. Thus, it helps a lot to get word from someone who runs almost the same hardware :)

GH