grub failure with mem > 8gb

Hi

I just got an amd64/smp with 8GB of ram
the latest install iso worked perfect except that grub failed, I had to enter the master block
(/dev/sda) by hand in the intercace and it worked.
After the reboot, I get the grub menu and the error message that was previously mentionned on this
list(I just subscribed today but checked the archives).

I read from an email last thursday from Goswin that

http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/grub_0.95+cvs20040624-7.0.0.1.pure64.1_amd64.deb

should be tested but it seems that there was no answer on the list.

Does it actually help solving the problem ?

PS: all 4 kernels fail to boot
C.
--
Debian Developer
Scienfific computing packages maintainer