Re: Creating a local debian-amd64 mirror

Ryan Lovett <ryan@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

> I'd like to create a local mirror of the repository at debian-amd64.alioth,
> but it seems the only way to do this is via http. Is this correct? I usually
> use debmirror, but it only handles rsync and ftp which I am not able to use to
> connect to the archive.
>
> wget -r is a bit messy for me. Is there a polite (non-aggressive) way of
> mirroring the current amd64 repository?
>
> Ryan

Use debmirror from sid.

debmirror -v -p --postcleanup --source -h debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org \
    -e http -r pure64/ -d sid -s main,main/debian-installer,contrib,non-free \
    -a amd64 /my/own/mirror

Be prepared for your drive filling up quickly:
Download all files that we need to get (17103 MiB).

MfG
        Goswin