Re: problem running X11

Hi,

> i've experienced such problems too. however, i have a ati radeon 9200 gfx
> card but the same motherboard.
> i fixed this problem by not loading the dri module in
> /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately your tip was not the one that
solved my problem :(

I've also checked if it was the vesafb module that got in the way, but
after compiling a 2.6.7-kernel without framebuffer support I still get a
locked up machine. Even an ssh into the machine does not work.

Anyone else out there that may have a hunch about this?

regards,
Thomas