Re: How to build a kernel which boots from SATA?

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 10:25:39PM +0200, Michael Bienia wrote:
> I've got a new amd64 box and so far everything works fine.

Grats =)

> But I didn't
> get my prism54 card working (it works in my old i386 box). Reading
> http://prism54.org/phpwiki/Prism54%20Debian%20HowTo I assume some kernel
> options are wrong.

comparing the kernel options, only CONFIG_STANDALONE=y is different in
the debian kernel.
This option is also set in the i386 kernels.

> Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0) )

check your lilo.conf: setup the old (debian-)kernel to boot with
ramdisk, and the new selfcompiled one without.

Greetings
Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG