Re: amd64: booting from memory stick, can't find iso image

Joey Hess wrote:
Harald Dunkel wrote:

You're right! After "modprobe ehci_hcd" early at boot time
the iso image was found. I thought the usb stuff would be
loaded by default.

We can fix this if you'll send lspci and lspci -n output in a bug report
for the discover1-data package.

Done.

Wouldn't it be easier to load the usb modules by default?
I would guess that 99.9% of all machines running Debian
have got an USB device.

BTW, the /lib/modules directory doesn't contain any network
drivers at all. Maybe this could be fixed, too?

Those are loaded from the iso.

There are no *.o or *.ko files on netinst.iso. But even if
there are, who said that the kernel on the iso matches the
kernel in boot.img.gz?

Anyway, forcedeth was not loaded (I tried i386 and amd64).
di-installer gave me an error message "Ethernet card not found".
To be sure I have added it to my bug report about discover-data.

These are the images I used:

ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-i386/current/images/hd-media/2.6/boot.img.gz
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/20040712/sarge-i386-netinst.iso
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/debian-installer/daily/hd-media/2.6/boot.img.gz
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/install-images/sarge-i386-netinst.iso

Regards