ssh and keyboard interaction bug?

Hi,

in a pure64 environment I installed ssh version 1:3.8p1-3. I tried the binary package and compiled it from the (Debian-)source, but I have the same problem with both:

ssh (the client) cannot get interactive with the user. This prevents first to log into a machine with an unknown hostkey, since it would have to ask whether to add this to the known_hosts file and it also prevents ssh from asking for a password, so only key-based authentication works.

On the other hand, loggin into the machine is not problem, sshd works fine.

Does someone else also see that or could it be some misconfiguration on my side or the fact that this is running inside a chroot?

thanks, Frank