Re: Creating a usable pure64 environment

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 08:54:38PM +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to set up a pure64 chroot environment on our first
> Opteron based system here, and I have run into a couple of problems.
> I'm using the packages from:
>
> deb ftp://bytekeeper.as28747.net/amd64/jgoerzen/amd64 sid main
> deb http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/amd64/ sid main

There is also an ftp://bytekeeper.as28747.net/amd64/packages ./
That has some more packages.

> I'm trying to get enough set up so I can build further Debian packages
> of things, but I need:
>
> linux-kernel-headers

It's available on the mentioned url above.  I've also submitted a
patch yesterday that allows compiling of the source package in
question.

> So that got libc6-dev and sundry things installed, but the next one
> missing before I can seriously start building is perl-modules.

Also see the url above.

If you need any other package, let me know.

PS: I'm currently working on moving everything to alioth but I'm
still having some problems with the scripts.