Re: 64bit perl

On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 10:54:52PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a pure64 chroot, and I noticed that perl,
> perl-modules, etc are missing.

apt-get install perl worked perfectly for me.

> So, I tried to compile the perl source package, and I've seen it fails
> to handle floating-point numbers.

What version are you trying to compile?  What version of the
Build-Depends?

I never had such problems.  I think I did have some other
problems because of other reasons not related to the package at
all.  I think one of them was not having a "search" in
/etc/resolv.conf.  And the other not having the hostname in
/etc/hosts.

I just build 5.8.3-3 and it build without a problem.

Kurt