Re: Webserver

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 10:28:09PM -0500, TJ wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 12:16:06PM -0500, Ben Kochie wrote:
> >
> > for most web server tasks, debian i386 is probably just fine.. maybe
> > running the pure64 port would be good for a DB server.. but apache doesn't
> > get much advantage with the 64bit stuff.  Migrating to 32/64bit (or pure64
> > if the installer gets done) later is probably going to be much more stable
> > an idea.
> >
> > - -ben
>
> I ended up going with with debian 32 bit with a 64 bit monolithic
> kernel, but now iptables will not work.  I'm building a chroot with
> iptables in it and will finangle some init script for the firewall.  Is
> there any way to manipulate a 64 bit netfilter without this chroot being
> built?

I don't think it's possible right now.

Look at Andi post to lkml:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=108135503924102&w=2

Eventually you should be able to use the ipchains compatibility stuff
though if I understand that post correctly.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.