Re: K8T Master2-FAR and Opteron 240

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 01:39, Anders Brandt Petersen wrote:
> I'm new and this migth be a bit of topic, but:

It's not off-topic, especially as hardware support is still in its
infancy.

> I have bought a K8T Master2-FAR motherboard and have ordered two Opteron
> 240. The problem is that according to AMD the board supports Opteron
> 240, according to MSI-homepage the board supports up to Opteron 248, but
> in the boards manual it says Opteron 244 and higher.

I'm using an MSI K8T Master2-FAR with dual Opteron 240's right now. :)
The main thing is make sure your RAM works with AMD. There's a link over
at their website (too busy to dig it up right now) that lists certified
RAM. I have Buffalo Technologies brand.

However, due to needing to use this box a lot, it's still 32-bit. When
software support is sufficient for my needs, I'll convert over to 64.
-s