Re: Kernel panic on MSI K8T

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 07:31:13 +0200, Kyuu Eturautti <vekotin@b2.st> wrote:

> Problem is this - when I upload a larger amount of data onto it, the
> whole thing crashes. I can copy a few megabytes or even larger amounts
> when the speed is low (ADSL), but when I start transferring hundreds of
> megs through the LAN, it always crashes within minutes - or sometimes
> seconds.
>
> As I had several USB "issues" with the system (as discussed here a few
> months ago), I tried using only PS/2 devices as well, but it didn't have
> any effect in the end. Seems like an r8169 issue, but I'll let someone
> else make a better guess. I took a picture of the kernel panic message:
> http://vekotin.org/shared/yue_panic.jpg

That sure looks like a problem with the r8169 driver to me. Try the
recently released 2.6.10 kernel. If you still experience the problem
with that kernel, I'd try bringing the issue up on the kernel mailing
list or the net-dev mailing list.

For what it's worth, I have an r8169 on my MSI K8N-Neo2. I haven't
seen this problem, but I only use it as my internet connection.

--
Will Dyson - Consultant
http://www.lucidts.com/