Re: udev problems

I have been experiencing a similar problem..
I cannot install udev without losing x as described.
I just did netinstall with sid from alioth and x is fine until udev is
installed (ie. with gnome-desktop-environment). Then I get the problems
described by Kunjan.
I did aptitude purge udev, which took out gnome-desktop-environment with
it and now my x display is working again.
The only thing i could note from the install was that I chose to have my
devices managed by discover when that option was presented.
Season's Greetings,
Norv