Re: Debian netboot on a SunFire v20z

Hi,

I have sucessfully installed debian-amd64 on the same hardware but I also was not able to download any packags while the debian-installer was running. Therefor I downloaded the latest netinstall which dows not really needs to download any packages. After installing this way I was able to a deb mirrors on the running system.

regards
bjoern

Michael Madden schrieb:

Has anyone gotten a netboot install for amd64 working on a Sun SunFire
V20z?  I'm using the netboot from 12/21/2004.  It boots from the cd,
detects my Broadcom card, loads the tg3 module, configures the network,
obtains an IP address, netmask, gateway, and DNS servers from my DHCP server.
It then asks me to select a mirror (I have tried ftp.us.debian.org, mirrors.kernel.org, and numerous other foreign mirrors), and it gets the following error:

The installer failed to download a file from the mirror. This may be
a problem with your network, or with the mirror. You can choose to retry the download, select a different mirror, or cancel and choose
another installation method.

I know the network card and the network are fine.  I recently installed
Solaris 10 b72 and Ubuntu on this server and connected to the network
without a hitch. I've tried retrying, changing numerous ftp/http mirrors, and I always get the same error. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Mike