Re: sk98lin doesn't work

Hi, Bernd

Thanks for the scripts. They worked perfectly well with the sk98lin
install.sh script. And finally I got the sk98lin.ko module.

After 'modprobe sk98lin', I can see the NIC with 'ifconfig -a'.
But when I do 'ifconfig eth1 up', the system hang up.
I did a reboot by pressing the reset button.
Even worse, I got a 'kernel panic' caused by bringing up this NIC.

I am contacting the NIC driver developer.

One more question, I know debian has several ports,
Intel x86 / IA-32 (i386),
IA-64 (ia64),
AMD64, etc.
Which port should I use?
I have two 64bits CPUs (Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz).
the kernel I am using is 2.6.8-9-em64t-p4-smp.
I chosed Intel x86/IA-32 without thinking.
Now I doubt whether my choice was right.

Thanks,

Xiaolin

--
*《笠翁对韵》*  清・李渔