Re: sk98lin doesn't work

??? wrote:

Hello Xiaolin,

> It's most probably because my CPUs (Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.00GHz) are
> 64bits, but the compiler is default to -m32 instead of -m64.
>
> Shall I change the /usr/src/linux/Makefile to use -m64? and how?

hmm, its somewhere in the install script, I'm too lazy now to download it
and try to modify it myself. If I were you, I just would create a
~/bin/gcc:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/gcc -m64 $@

and in the then just a export PATH=~/bin:$PATH

Unless the Makefile or script directly calls /usr/bin/gcc that should to the
trick.

Hope it helps,
 Bernd