Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:13:14 -0800
From: David Liontooth <liontooth@cogweb.net>
To: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
Subject: MythTV

MythTV compiles on amd64 using the following procedure:

   * get liblame0 and liblame0-dev from
     http://debian.freenux.org/debian-marillat-amd64/
   * add this to /etc/apt/sources.list and run update:

     deb-src http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian unstable mythtv

   * wajig source mythtv
   * cd mythtv-0.16
   * vi debian/control -- add  this to dependencies, after liblame-dev:

     |  liblame0-dev

   * apt-get install libqt3-mt-dev libmysqlclient-dev liblircclient-dev
     libartsc0-dev (this will also install mysql-common)
   * fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

I'm doing this just to test the build, to help me decide whether to advice somone else to buy and amd64 for a capture project, so I've not installed it. I've already tested that a bttv capture card works.

The second decision is the pcHDTV capture card, which seems to be getting mixed reviews under amd64.

Cheers,
Dave