Re: AMD64 Question

Hello Simon,

I am using the Tyan S2882 (2x Opteron) with Debian sid (64bit).
The Debian system is running way more stable than Suse 9.2 Pro which I
also did install (Dual boot) for testing prupose.

Suse (Novell) did include a lot of obvious bugs in the current release
which is a shame for their Image really.

I trust that the Debian support for your mentioned hardware is stable
enough, but Ima unable to confirm that.

I made several installation reports on my personal homepage feel free to
dive in and have a look around.

http://www.be-known-online.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=46
http://www.be-known-online.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=62

While its not a direct answer to your question, I hope that you find some
useful info in the reports.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo / Japan