Re: adding a 386 chroot in /home

It migh in practice work except for anything which tries to recurse through your directory structure which might well "get stuck". Since its going to be on the same FS though it might be easier than run the risk of things doing this to just make a hard link for the directories in /home that you want to be accesible in the chroot (ie ln /home/username /home/sid-ia32/home/username) which will work.

Alan

Alexandru Cabuz wrote:

Hello,

Is there any particular reason why in the AMD64 Debian howto the i386
chroot is setup in /var/chroot/sid-ia32 or can it be anywhere?

I am asking because on my system /var is its own partition, and is not
big enough to house a i386 system. Same thing for the /, /tmp and /usr
filesystems. My big partition is the /home partition.

Would there be any problem putting my chroot in /home/sid-ia32?
Because then, in the chroot, I would make /home point to /home in the
amd64 system, which would contain the chroot, so the filesystem would
be like the snake swallowing its own tail. Would it not freak out, or
in any case, protest at this state of affairs (the filesystem I mean)?

Thanks.

Alex.