Permission to run chrooted X-apps remotely as user root

This is not really an amd64 topic, aside from the fact that pure64 creates the need for
a chroot. The issue is X11 permissions within an ia32 chroot.

I need to use the Java Media Framework, which doesn't appear to be ported to amd64, so I followed the HowTo's instructions for installing a chroot, and Bob Proulx's customizations. This works fine with one exception: I can't run chrooted X11 programs remotely as user root.

This works for non-root users:

   ssh trevi "dchroot -d /usr/games/xdemineur"

(I couldn't get Bob's script to handle this, so I obviously don't understand it.)
Issuing the same command above as user root I get

   (ia32) /usr/games/xdemineur
   X connection to localhost:15.0 broken (explicit kill or server
   shutdown).
   dchroot: Child exited non-zero.
   dchroot: Operation failed.

In brief,

* I cannot run chrooted X11 programs remotely
* I can run rooted X11 programs remotely
* I can run chrooted X11 programs locally

How do I give root permission to run chrooted apps remotely? I note there is no
.Xauthority file in chroot's /root.

Cheers,
Dave