Re: VMware errrors.

>>>>> "Jan-Benedict" == Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> writes:

 Jan-Benedict> On Thu, 2004-11-04 18:03:35 -0600, A. P. Kennedy
 Jan-Benedict> <spamtree@comcast.net> wrote in message
 Jan-Benedict> <[🔎] 87pt2t17s8.fsf@spamtree.comcast.net>:
 >> kernel is 2.6.8.1 and all needed debs to support vmware are
 >> installed in my chroot directory, and the correct lib directories
 >> are placed in /etc/ld.so.conf

 Jan-Benedict> Are also all needed symlinks in place?

Thanks that did the trick with strace to find out what vmware was
looking for and then added the symlinks for

ln -s /ia32/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders/* /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib

This will work also for folks that don't have chroot installed.

dpkg -X libgdk-pixbuf2_0.22.0-7_i386.deb /emul/ia32-linux
ln -s /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/gdk-pixbuf/loaders/* /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib

Interesting I tried using chroot in place of /emul/ia32-linux and that
did not work at all. I guess I have a lot to learn about this library
stuff.

You must run ldconfig after making the symlinks.

Still have this error but I suspect it is a another missing lib or
config file. Can't really figure it out with strace. Will take another
look.

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

Thanks,

Alan