Re: /emul can be used as chrootrg

A. P. Kennedy wrote:
> New to chroot game but wanted to know if I could use
> /emul/ia32-linux/ directory as my chroot directory?
>
> Should I setup a completely different chroot directory.

Yes, that works fine.  I do that all of the time.  That is how I
maintain the ia32 libraries.  I just apt-get install what needs to be
installed there.  Very easy.  For me it looks like this.

  sudo dchroot apt-get upgrade
  sudo dchroot apt-get install mozilla-firefox

And with the following in /etc/fstab:

  /proc   /emul/ia32-linux/proc       none    bind        0       0
  /home   /emul/ia32-linux/home       none    bind        0       0
  /tmp    /emul/ia32-linux/tmp        none    bind        0       0

I can do this and run the 32-bit binaries of the browser so that
closed source proprietary plugins only available in 32-bit mode work.

  dchroot -d firefox

Bob