Re: Zope segfaulting

John Goerzen wrote:
AFAIK, Zope is pure Python code, so the problem would lie with the
Python interpreter.  I'd start there -- maybe google around for info on
that?

And I know Python. I figured out which line it was crashing on - calling

	"initgroups.initgroups(UID, gid)"

Unfortunately that seems to be a compiled module. However, the call seems only to be used in order to drop privileges if running as root. But since I'm not running as root anyway, I just disabled that little bit of code and my server is up and humming. So far no strange side effects.

I was pulling my hair out on this, after spending personal funds on this baby to replace my aging webserver. Now I'm happy.

Thanks,

--
David Merrill

http://www.lupercalia.net