Re: find did not work

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 09:46:44AM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > corerix wrote:
> > > find debian -type d | xargs rmdir -p --ignore-fail-on-non-empty
> > > rmdir: zu wenige Argumente
> > What does that mean ^ ?
> >
> > based on an educated guess of what it means, I think it's a problem with
> > rmdir saying "Too many arguments", in which case you should limit the
>
> Please see Debian bug #176201.  Is this the same problem?
>
>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=176201
>
> This bug has been fixed in upstream cvs.  The next upstream release of
> findutils will fix this problem.

I think the other comment that says the error means 'not enough arguments'
makes more sense.  I guess xargs got 0 files input and ran rmdir with no
arguments.

Add '-r' to xargs, to make it not run if there is no input.  That should
deal with find not getting any matches.  That would happen if you ran it
twice in a row for example.