Re: openoffice installation

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:49:03 +0200, Michael Bienia
<michael@vorlon.ping.de> wrote:
> openoffice.org-debian-files is in the openoffice.org folder and also in
> the pure64 archive. You need the one from the openoffice.org folder.
> That one from the pure64 archive needs a newer openoffice.org. Try
>
> apt-get install openoffice.org-debian-files=1.1.2-2+1.0.1
>
> Then you should be able to install openoffice.org-amd64.

Hmm.

# apt-get install openoffice.org-debian-files=1.1.2-2+1.0.1
E: Version '1.1.2-2+1.0.1' for 'openoffice.org-debian-files' was not found

# apt-get install openoffice.org-debian-files
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  openoffice.org-debian-files: Depends: openoffice.org (>
1.1.1+1.1.2rc3) but it is not installable
                               Depends: openoffice.org-bin (>
1.1.1+1.1.2rc3) but it is not installable
E: Broken packages

I don't see anything at http://openoffice.org that seems particularly
relevant to this.

Nor do I see the last package you mentioned.

# apt-get install openoffice.org-amd64
E: Couldn't find package openoffice.org-amd64

None of this seems to result in installing openoffice.org...

Is there some extra site to point to in /etc/apt/sources.list?
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)