RE: doom3 slowness

Title: doom3 slowness
Are you saying that you playing Doom3 on a Linux box. Huh, didn't know it was available for Linux. Makes me actually to want to buy the game :)

/Johan

From: Kaneda Langley [mailto:optic@telenet.be]
Sent: Fri 08/10/2004 19:17
To: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
Subject: doom3 slowness

hi all, i'm a bit of a gamer and doom3 performance is low too low to be
playable :(

running debian pure64 with the nvidia 6111 drivers, kernel
2.6.8-3-amd64-k8, Geforce FX5200, 1GB ram, AMD64 2ghz.

I have quake3 running stable at 120fps
doom3 runs at 12fps.

glxinfo looks good.

Doom3 has all the visuals turned on, 640x480 med detail

any help is apreciated.

Some digging turned out I can't seem to disable agpgart, pointers on
that also apreciated, kernel source for 2.6.8 doesn't seem able to have
agpgart selectable