Installing nvidia glx safely...(was Re: Required..)
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Installing nvidia glx safely...(was Re: Required..)
- From: <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:38:07 +0200
- Message-id: <20041007103807.OVWR10275.smtp04.retemail.es@smtp04>
Thanks frederik for your help..but not needed at last:(
The problem is the next:
The nvidia 64 bynary drivers attemps to overrite the libs in /lib directory. The common solution was to remove the link of lib64, create a lib64 real directory and the run the installer. After this you only need to manually override your glx libs in /lib and then restore the link again.
But now if you remove the lib64 link... your system remains unusable, any command is understood by the bash.
My question: Is any other way to catch the libs of nvidia binary driver installer and put into /lib directory without removing the /lib64 link?
(Surely is a noob question, but I'm bloocked.