Re: qmail/ezmlm?

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:

> Date: 23 Sep 2004 07:06:31 -0600
> From: Andreas J. Guelzow <aguelzow@taliesin.ca>
> To: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
> Subject: qmail/ezmlm?
>
> Hi,
>
> there seem to be no qmail-src and ezmlm-src on alioth.
>
> Do these programs faiil to work on amd64 or are they just missing since
> they are really just source and so don't differ from the ones on the i86
> sites?
>
> Thanks
>
> Andreas
> --
> Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
> Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
> Concordia University College of Alberta

I have a full qmail+ldap, daemontools, djbdns, uscpi-tcp, and all the rest
of crazy DJB's software running on x86_64 on a dual Opteron box.
Performance is nearly double what I was getting running i386 code on the
same hardware!

I can't use .deb packages for qmail, since I need the ldap patch, but I
can tell you it build just fine from the tarball.

Andreas