Re: External hard drive problem

Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom@pdx.edu> writes:

> On Thu, 2004-09-16 at 09:52 +0200, Massimo Perga wrote:
>>
>> Please, could you help me ?
>
> I don't think that the installer will support installing to a firewire
> drive right now.  (unless they fixed that)  You may be able to get it to
> work installing by hand with 'Debian from scratch'.

If the module is loaded (automatic or manualy) and the disk shows up
in /dev/discs or /dev/scsi/... then D-I should see it just fine.

Firewire works on other archs and should work onamd64 too.

Try to load the modules manually, partition, format and mount
manually. If that all works but partitioning in D-I not then it is
definetly a bug in the partitioner.

The loading of modules would be a bug in hwdetect i think.

MfG
        Goswin