Re: Is AMD64 Debian port suitable for production servers

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 22:06 +0200, Pavol Luptak wrote:
> I need to choose a stable software/hardware server solution based on Debian
> distribution.

What sort of server will it be?  What particular software set do you
need to run on it?

I've a related question.  Are the source packages for Debian amd64
coming from 'testing' or 'unstable'?

In honesty I rarely have much trouble with systems running 'testing'
with parts of 'unstable' and even 'experimental'.  The occasional
breakage has been downgradeable...  Perhaps for a very important
production server you should have both a staging system and the real
thing, so that you can test updates on the staging box before putting
them onto the deployment server.  Maybe that could be done with a
chroot?  Has anyone tried something like this in real life?

--
    Karl Hegbloom
(o_  mailto:hegbloom@pdx.edu