Re: recompiling for amd64?

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 14:18, Sythos wrote:
> ,
> I've searched on debian site with no usefull link nor info...
>
> There is somewhere an howto to port debian packages from i386 to amd64?
>
> A simple "apt-get source -b namepackage" (launched on installed amd64)
> is sufficient?

Mh, I'd say that for every package where this works, this has been done
already, so you can just apt-get those from alioth. Unfortunately, there
are some packages that won't compile without source code modifications
(like when the author used an int to store a pointer instead of a long).
Again, where that's simple, it has been done already. In case of the
others: good luck ;)