Re: Thunderbird broken

On 04-Aug-25 14:10, Matt Kay wrote:
> On a seperate point, someone has already asked whether now is the time
> to move to gcc-3.4. If it is, could someone point the users on this list
> towards how to migrate to gcc-3.4 and tell us whether there are any
> pitfalls we should look out for? I presume it is just a question of
> changing the sources.list and forcing everything to update; is this
> correct? What must be done with the gcc packages?

To migrate to the amd64/gcc-3.4 archive, every installed package which
links to libstdc++5 (i.e. basically every packages which uses C++) has
to be forced to be reinstalled using the respective package from the
amd64/gcc-3.4 archive. Otherwise problems may occur resulting from an
incompatibility between libstdc++5 from gcc-3.3 an libstdc++6 from
gcc-3.4. I do not know of any other problems with the migration (besides
the fact that there are still about 100 packages missing from the
amd64/gcc-3.4 archive which are available in the gcc-3.3 based archive).

Regards
Andreas Jochens