Re: Install via http proxy

Bastiaan Naber <bastiaan@ricardis.tudelft.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get debian amd64 installed for the first time. On my previous
> dual opteron I installed gentoo but since debian in my preferred OS want
> debian on this one. It is going to be used as a mysql database server.
>
> I am on a local network on which one machine runs a http proxy. Normaly I
> install the base system and do:
>
> export http_proxy=...:8888
>
> and then I can do dselect etc...
>
> I downloaded the net install and installed it, it worked great. I now have a
> system which I want to update. I have a local network connection and I did
> the export after which I can get internet pages with wget, so I have a
> connection to the internet. However when I start dselect and try to do an
> update it refuses and says it can't connect to the alioth site.
>
> My source.list:
>
> deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 sid main
>
> Can anyone help me here ? I normaly install all my machines (10+) like this
> and this hasn't been a problem sofar.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Bastiaan

Exporting http_proxy also works with apt-get and you can see (if you
are quick) that it connects to the proxy instead of alioth directly in
its progress output.

The same should work with dselect and you should check the proxy logs
to see if it does or not. If dselect ignores/unsets http_proxy that
would be a bug.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: Do you have your dselect configured to use apt?