Re: LILO build error in pure64

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 11:12:45AM -0700, Alex Perry wrote:
-snip-
> I installed it on my triple boot machine on the 64 bit partition.  The lilo
> command ran fine with the config file I provided.  It complained and wanted
> confirmation because
> (1) it isn't an active partition (which is true, of course), and
> (2) it didn't like partition type "0C" (which is odd; it's an ext3
> partition).

Type 0x0C is "W95 FAT32 (LBA)" if it is ext3 it should be type 0x83
"Linux".

-snip-
> It may not be the same problem, but the symptom described above can also be
> generated by trying to boot Linux without writing "pci=noacpi" appended to
> the kernel command line.  This is because the ACPI data is wrong on the
> M6805 laptop - a known problem/workaround.  The configuration file has that
> append information specified, so either lilo is not passing it along or
> there is something else wrong with how lilo was placing the kernel image in
> memory.

The newer 2.6 kernels such as 2.6.7-rc3 work almost flawlessly with the
M6805/7 laptops. There is still the problem of needing to compile USB
into the kernel directly instead of as a module though to get the ps2
keyboard to work. I need to contact the kernel guys to see if they have
any ideas about what might be causing that problem.

Chris