[New Thread 32769 (LWP 22816)]
[New Thread 16386 (LWP 22817)]
0x0000002a96c2fa43 in waitpid () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#0  0x0000002a96c2fa43 in waitpid () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#1  0x0000002a96529a4c in libgnomeui_module_info_get ()
  from /usr/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0
#2  0x0000002a96c2e84e in __pthread_sighandler () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
#3  <signal handler called>
-----

I'm no expert at reading this information, but is it telling me that in libgnomeui-2 there is a function called module_info_get() where the problem is originating? Or is it in libpthread? Thanks for any tips to a novice like myself :-)

-- Josh

Chris Cheney wrote:

I have not looked into this particular case, but besides alpha
and ia64 there aren't any other 64bit native ports in Debian and very
few open source people use 64bit platforms. So many pieces of code out
there that do compile still could have problems with pointers, etc. We
will be probably finding and fixing those types of problems for a while.
Although it would be odd if that is the case with gnome stuff since they
use glib for that (iirc), which is supposed to help protect them from
making those types of mistakes.

Chris Cheney