Re: Amd64 status

Hi,

YOSHIFUJI Hideaki wrote:
| E: Couldn't install root!
What should I do from here?

You can ignore the error message and (after you mounted /path/to/pure64-chroot/proc) chroot to the installation and proceed with configuring apt (sources.list) and installing whatever package you want.

Little things I had to do by hand was create /etc/hosts /etc/hostname /etc/resolv.conv (all copied from the host installation). Sometimes during the update I remember also binaries like /bin/mkdir disappearing, but copying from the host system and updating them later solved the problem. Installing into a chroot can be very nice if something goes wrong. :)

Frank