RE: Unable to login more than once

/etc/skel may contain a script (.bashrc maybe) which is being run during login that changes the default preferences for the user, effective the following login.  "chsh /bin/false" maybe.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bharath Ramesh [mailto:bramesh@vt.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 12:40 PM
To: Debian AMD64
Subject: Unable to login more than once

I just installed a new pure64 chroot from debootstrap set up by Kurt
Roeckx. I can login as root or any user just once. After that I am
unable to login as root any normal user. When I try logging in I get
this message
login(pam_unix)[358]: session opened for user root by LOGIN(uid=0)

then after a minute returns with the login prompt once again as if I hit
logout.

Any idea as to what could be going wrong. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bharath

---
Bharath Ramesh       <bramesh@vt.edu>       http://csgrad.cs.vt.edu/~bramesh