Re: Debian-installer on amd64.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 10:16:04PM -0500, Ben Kochie wrote:
> I tried the mini.iso test file, it detects all my hardware properly.
>
> I also get the "can't find CD-ROM" error.. as I expected.
>
> After downloading and unpacking the packages, it fails at 50% with the
> same error you mentioned, but supposedly fixed.
>
> One option not mentioned in previous email was which release to select.. I
> used the default "untsable" option.

One thing I probaly didn't mention here yet is that currently
when it's downloading you need to:
cd /target
mkdir lib
ln -s lib lib64
mkdir usr
cd usr
ln -s lib lib64
cp /etc/resolv.conf /target/etc

I'll probably fix those symlink things this evening, no idea
about that resolver thing yet.

Also, currently we don't have any boot loader that runs under
pure64 yet and we'll try to make a static version.

Kurt