64bit perl

Hi,

I just installed a pure64 chroot, and I noticed that perl,
perl-modules, etc are missing.

So, I tried to compile the perl source package, and I've seen it fails
to handle floating-point numbers.

The strange thing is that the upstream tarball, configured with just
"./Configure -de", works fine ("make test" doesn't complain). And the
/usr/bin/perl shipped by the perl-base package seems to work fine,
too. I wonder how this perl was built. A different gcc, maybe?

I stared very hard at the debian diff and the way debian configures
perl, I didn't see anything I judged related. Strange.

--
Lionel